Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Sheri Crafts Digi Challenge





Hello and welcome back for the first  challenge of 2014 from My Sheri Crafts.  We have so many great challenges lined up for you this year.  You will not want to miss any of them.  Our design team is excited and ready to share new projects.  This week our challenge is hosted by our team leader, the ever so talented, Sheri, and she has chosen the theme, Delightful Digis.  I went to the Free Digital Stamps blog to find my digi.  This is a great resource.  Each day new sites are posted that are offering free digs.


I just loved this little Pennsylvania Dutch design.  It reminds me of some cross stitching I did as a child.  And later on I made a pillow of a design similar to this doing crewel work when I was in college many years ago.  Sounds like I'm living in the past doesn't it!  I decided to color the design using these little Twinkling H2O's paints.  It is hard to tell in the photo, but they are so bright and pretty and have the most amazing shimmer to them.  You can find them at Amazon.  


I used two different cut and embossed Spellbinder mats to layer the image.  The papers are from DCWV and K&Co.  I inked the edges of the mats with a little gold and bronze. I cut a little Fluer Di Lis border with a Spellbinders die for the bottom of the card and then added a gemmed pink butterfly border from Micheal's to the top.  I used some gold and green crinkled ribbon to compliment the colors of the card.  The little "To Cheer You" sentiment is a stamp from Just Rite Stampers.  

Please come and join us this week for our first challenge of the new year!  And i hope that 2014 will bring you much happiness, good health and peace.






5 comments:

  1. Charlotte ,
    I love your pretty image too. Lovely colours to cheer anyone.
    Happy new year you you and yours.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Charlotte! Love the border trim, and great choice in colors! The butterfly gems gave it the perfect touch! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, your card brings back happy memories to me too! I LOVE cross stitch embroidery and I used to do it with my mom. I am so glad you went with that inspiration for your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, I see the glitter and I'm absolutely in love with the technique. I like your choice of digi and it also reminds me of some things I cross-stitched in the past. Great vibrant colors throughout the card. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I like the kind of funky look with this color combo!

    ReplyDelete