Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Sheri Crafts Mother's Day

My Sheri Crafts is getting ready for Mother's Day.  We are sharing cards that show something about our mothers.  My mother's favorite color is green.  So I knew I had to use green as the main color of the card.


I have watched my mother write cards, notes and letters to people for years.  She has a writing desk for this.  So I decided to use the writing desk on the Cricut cartridge Sentimentals.  As long as I remember there has been this little lamp with a black shade sitting on the right side of the desk.  So, I used the little lamp on the Sentimentals.  After cutting it out, I inked it in bronze just to give it a vintage look.  

My mother and I share a love for country french design, so that is what led me to the chair, also on the sentimentals cartridge.  The damask print on the chair actually reminds me of a chair my mother has.  

When putting the card together, I added a little ecru lace to the card.  And the sentiment is from Just Rite Stampers.  I cut it out with a Spellbinders die.  After completing the card, I took a good look at it, and yes, it has my mother written all over it.

Join us at My Sheri Crafts for our Mother's Day challenge.  We want to see what makes you think of your mother.

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I am so loving reading all of what everyone's Mother's are like! What a very special personalized card for your Mom! It is simply beautiful! After reading your post about her, it really does seem to fit your description of her! Love that writing desk and chair! You couldn't have picked out better papers for this card also! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Your mom will adore it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,
    Once again Thank You for sharing with us all about your Mother. The story is great to read and how wonderful that you have put all the things you love about her on to her card, she will see it straight away.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite color is green too! I know your mom is going to love this card because you put your heart in it.

    Hugs,

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte, as die-hard damask and vintage fan, I could not begin to tell you how much I love this card. It is so French country and your Mom is so lucky and blessed to have you as a daughter and to be on the receiving end of this thoughtful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My FAV color is green also, Charlotte, and I'm sure your Mom will treasure this very personalized and sweet card made in tribute to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Charlotte, this is just gorgeous. What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I love the cuts and the colors. It's a beauty.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and loving tribute to your mom! Love the papers and the desk and chair!
    Hugs!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete