Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Texture

This week the challenge at Cooking With Cricut is use texture in your project.  Now this could be many things, so think we will see a lot of texture in a lot of ways.  I made a card for fall.


The background of the card is made with a M-BOSSIBILITIES folder from Spellbinders.  The name of the folder is Flora-Flora-Flora.  After the embossing, I dabbed the embossed area with several inks in fall colors.  

The border was made with a Martha Stewart border punch.  I threaded a pretty brown ribbon through the border and then tied a bow. 



The leaf flourish is a cut from the Damask Decor cartridge.I also inked it with fall colors.  And for more texture, I added a little raffia to the card.  The sentiment is from an Ink A Dink A Do fall stamp set.  After stamping the sentiment, I used some of those fall color inks around the edges of the sentiment.  


So, there it is, my card with some different textures.  It was a fun card to make and yet very easy.  I hope you will join our challenge this week at Cooking With Cricut.  I look forward to seeing all the texture you have in your project.  




3 comments:

  1. A very Pretty Card!Just Lovely!TSF

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Charlotte!! I love the colors and the texture!! The design is fabulous!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely in love with this card. I love the way you did the inking and the added cuts, textures and punching is stunning. You really created a wonderful card. Hugs-s

    ReplyDelete