Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You Make Me Smile

Here is something I made tonight from scraps of paper.  Before looking at any new paper or paper stacks, i was actually putting away some scraps.  It was at this time a new idea came to me.  So I just looked through the scraps and pulled ot these papers.
  This week at Celebrate The Occasion the challenge is GRANDPARENTS DAY.  I think I have created a perfect card for a grandparent.  I know if mine were alive, it would be perfect for them.
This is an A2 card made with an ivory base.  The papers I used are from K&Co and Recollections. 

 The sentimemt I printed on the computer.  The rocking chair and kittens with yarn are cut from the Kate's ABCs cartridge.  The ribbon is also a left over scrap.  And I added a few little rhinestones to create the kittens' collars.  This card makes me smile.  I mean who wouldn't smile watching little kittens play with yarn!

  I invite you to go to Celebrate The Occasion and see the wonderful projects the design team has created.  And most of all, come join the challenge.

12 comments:

  1. OMG Charlotte I LOVE LOVE this card. It is so sweet! Kitties are my favorite. You always use such beautiful soft colors on your cards. Great job;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love the rocking chair and those cute kittens with their bling collars! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, this card is adorable!! I love it and all the details!!
    Laurie fellow DT member
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!!! I absolutely love the background and the rocking chair is such a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us over at CTO this week.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.I love the soft colours and who couldn't love the kitties?
    Thanks for joining us at CTO.
    Jayne fellow DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cute, you did a wonderful job! Thanks so much for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, love the rocking chair with the cute kitties around it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! This card is FABULOUS!!!! Love how beautiful it is! Such a PERFECT card for grandparents!!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - fellow DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte, you really made those scraps and bits work because this card is extraordinarily beautiful!!! Love-love the rocking chair and the kitties playing with the yarn!!! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card! I love the kittens and especially love the bling on their collars! Great card!


    http://cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card. Love the rocking chair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!
    The little kitties playing with yarn in front of the rocking chair is darling!

    ReplyDelete