Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tornado Information

I thought I would share some more tornado pics with you.  I know with the killing of Bin Laden and the terrible floods, national attention as been somewhat diverted away from the April 27th tornadoes.

First, I would like for you to seen the satellite  photo of the path of the Tuscaloosa AL tornado.  It is hard to believe one was big enough for a satellite in space to pick it up.  Can you believe how wide it was, especially compared to the Warrior River next to it.  The tornado was so big, it makes the river look like  stream.

Now here is a photo of the tornado in Tuscaloosa and a couple of photos of the damage, including the Hobby Lobby.



Here is the Hobby Lobby in Tuscaloosa after the tornado.


And now,  photos of the same tornado in Birmingham.
This is a view of it from where I live.  Scary!

Here is the path and aftermath. 


There are so many that continue to suffer in so many ways.  Please continue to pray for those who have lost so much.  Thank you for taking the time to read this post.  
Charlotte


5 comments:

  1. It has been a tremendous season and our prayers do still need to go out for those devastated, and they all are in my prayers! How kind of you to care and keep it in the forefront!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such heartbreaking, yet incredible pictures. I'll keep those who suffered during this devastation in my heart.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are very sad, all my prayers for those who suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...like Larelyn said, those are incredible pictures while at the same time so heartbreaking indeed. Thank you for blogging about it and reminding us that so many people are still in such need. I will definitely lift them up in my prayers and continue to ask for God's mercy, healing and provision. Thank you for sharing.

    Melin

    CookingWithCricut.com
    PaperCraftingWorld.Blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will and have not forgotten. Thank you for keeping it at the forefront. I worked for the Red Cross during Katrina, stayed in Chatham, and carpooled to Leeksville, MS to do the vouchers. People came from all over. I couldn't go this time, but it just tares me apart thinking of your people going through this again. I have been praying for everyone in your area. What a bad year so far for weather. Please say safe.

    ReplyDelete