Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Merci

I am so fortunate to teach such wonderful children who have such great parents.  All schools should be like  mine.  Parents expect only the best of their children and of their school.  They are so involved in our school.  The parents really do respect and love our staff and are quite generous.

Today, a little boy in my class brought me a large basket full of goodies of all kinds.  As I was looking through it, I found a card from his mom.  It was lovely with many kind words for the great year her child had had in kindergarten.  But, also in the card was a $100.00 American Express gift card.  How exciting is that.  I see some great shopping in the near future.

He brought the basket to me this week because Friday will be his last day in school.  He will be missing next week because he and his family are leaving Friday for France.  They will be there for a month.  What a great end of the school year trip!  I wanted to make a special card to say thank you for the wonderful basket of goodies and gift card.   So, here it is.
The front of the card has a french blue background that I embossed and then inked.  The Eiffel Tower was cut from the FRENCH MANOR cartridge, and the Merci was cut from the BEYOND BIRTHDAYS cartridge.  The stamp on the left says "perfect vacation" and the one on the right is a post mark from Paris.  The label at the bottom of the card is from K&Company.
The Arc de Triomphe is cut from the SUMMER IN PARIS cartridge.  The K&Company label at the top is stamped with the sentiment, "May your travels lead you to some amazing places".   I also added to the page a hot air ballon and Eiffel Tower stamp, just to create a little more interest.  The righthand side of the page has a paper border also from K&Company.  

Now I have a pretty place to write my note to such a sweet child and his great parents.  I wish them fun travels.    

5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! Love the detail on the inside too!! Great work on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for an amazing trip. I can only wish! I never get goodies that like from my students either!

    ReplyDelete