Friday, March 25, 2011

Purple and Pink

Here is a card I made tonight that I wanted to share.  The scalloped circles are cut from one of my very favorite cartridges, LACEY LABELS.  I embossed the top circle with the Swirls folder in the Cuttlebug.  They are both inked with bronze and plum ink pads.

The slice of pie is from SMILEY CARDS.  I had not used that cartridge before.  I just forgot about it.  But i am so glad I used it.  I used chalk to add a little color and depth to the pie crust.  The filling was embossed with the circle and dots folder.  I then added a little plum ink to the embossing.  The cute little face was created with a Peachy Keen Stamp.  They are always so sweet and cute.  
The flowers were cut from the new MOTHER'S DAY BOUQUET.  I decided to glitz them up with pale pink and gold glitter glue.   The flourish and pearl embellishments are from Studio112. 
The sentiment,"Sweet Birthday Wishes" is from Scrappy Moms Stamps. And the little tag on the lower right corner is from Studio 112. I used a MS stamp to make the diagonal border.  And the ribbons are from Michael's.
The papers used are DCWV and and MY Mind's Eye.

Challenges
Terrific Tuesday Challenge  Smiley Cards Cartridge
Jitterbuggin   Sketch with purple and pink and Cricut flowers
Paper Playtime  Pick 1 of 3.  I chose pink and glitter





22 comments:

  1. Your card is just precious. You put so much detail on it! The little pie with the PK face is adorable. Love everything about this card, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh - this card is so pretty! I love the colors and vintage feel. Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the details on this beauty.
    Your little dogs are just precious- love their pictures.
    Just popped in to thank you for your visit- and became a follower of yours.
    Make sure you pop back tomorrow you don't want to miss my surprise.
    Blessings sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card. Gotta love calorie free pie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! who would have thought Smiley Cards could be so vintage! thanks for playing with us at scrappy moms stamps!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no clue that pie cut was on Smiley Cards!! I'm going to have to start using that one!! haha. GREAT CARD!!! Gotta love the purple, pink, and bling!! :) I'm your new follower, (Sent by Momo.) Stop by and visit my blog if you have time!
    -Lori Craftin' Blind

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I've been sent by MOMO, isn't she fabulous. I'm now a new follower. Would love if you dropped by mine. www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you would do a tutorial on making this card. I would love to know how you did your bow. This is a very lovely card. Hugs, Debi
    btw...Momo sent me,
    and I'm glad she did

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte, what a beautiful job you did on your card! It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card! It is just gorgeous! You have inspired me to get out my lace and flowers, ink and glimmer mist and get crafting!
    I am a new follower! Momo sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card with lots of bling. I think it is adorable. I am glad pie doesn't really have a face. I couldn't eat a cute face like that.lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the colors with all the flowers and lace!! Just gorgeous!!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic! Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! I am your newest follower. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so pretty and vintage looking...thank you for joining in with u at Scrappymom's...hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy....love the embossing on the pie for the berries.....very creative!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so yummy! I love ALL the details and the embossing on the piece of pie looks so great! Such pretty papers and that bow... gorgeous!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is truly amazing!! I am a new follower - Karen sent me!!
    http://www.deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. How darn cute and pretty too! Love your flowers and your image with the bow! A perfectly wonderful BD card!

    ReplyDelete