Thursday, February 17, 2011

Strong Coffee and Strong Hairspray

I have a good friend who uses the most hairspray of anyone I know.  And it is cheap hairspray too.  I told her that it is not good for her hair and is hard to wash out.    She told me that she wanted her hair to hold and didn't care if she had to sandblast the hairspray out of her hair.   We had a big laugh.  And I will say that her hair does always look perfect.  So I guess it works for her.

I love old Fire King Jadeite glassware.  It is one of the many things I like to collect.  Here is a coffee cup.


When I saw the Cricut Cardz challenge is week is to use a cup, I knew just what kind of cup I wanted to use.  Well, when i saw that the Jitterbuggin challenge was to make a birthday card using a sketch, ding, ding, ding, bells went off in my head.  I knew I wanted to used my new stamps from Crafty Secrets to make her a birthday card.  


I have always said that coffee can never be strong enough for me.  The first time I saw this stamp, I just had to have it.  And it has made the perfect birthday card for my friend!  LOL!  There is a cafe in town that serves the most devine cake with butter cream frosting.  And the slices are about 8" tall.  Yum!  So the inside of the card says lets celebrate your birthday at Olexas with our favorite cake and coffee. She is going to love this card! 


The circles were cut with the LACEY LABELS cartridge.  The coffee cup is from the CHRISTMAS 
CHEER cartridge.  The paper is from DCWV.  I used and EK punch to create the border.  The rick rack is from my massive sewing stash.  And the cute stamps are from Crafty Secrets.  

Challenges
Cricut Cardz Challenge  use a cup cut
Jitterbuggin Challenge  Make a birthday card using the sketch.  Add rick rack.



13 comments:

  1. Love how you personalized this card! Your friend will love it, I know the semtiment made me laugh! Great story behind the card too, thanks for telling it! brings the whole card together when you know the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect sentiment stamp for your little story! It's like that stamp was made just for you! The colors and design are fabulous...OF COURSE she's going to love it! The ric ric trim adds such fun to this retro card. Good luck on those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sentiment and the accents you chose for it are perfect! Great colors too!, Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sentiment..it's perfect..Love your card!
    Minta

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for your friend. Love the story behind it! TFS
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking,dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte, what a special card for your friend!!! I love it and how you personalized it just for her!!!

    Funny story about her hairspray, but the results work if her hair looks great!!!

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card. I love it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    phollyphlox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I love the uniqueness of this!

    www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! LOVE that sentiment!!! TFS, Cathryn67 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card and a great story behind it!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute! I love that sentiment!
    I am your newest follower, maybe you can swing by my blog at ginascraftingspot.com?

    I will be back to check out more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Card! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute nostalgic card. I love it. Good luck in the challenge. I love your custom sentiment.Great job.

    ReplyDelete