Monday, January 3, 2011

Martinis

Martinis have in the last few years become extremely popular.  In fact there are places that specialize in martinis.  For many years I only thought martinis came in one form (or flavor).  Now there are martinis in so many flavors, they often have a menu of their own.  I thought it was so much fun that this weeks Flaunt It  Friday's Challenge is flaunt with the martini from the FROM MY KITCHEN cartridge.  So here is what I came up with.


I remembered that Ogden Nash wrote a poem about the martini.  So I thought I might incorporate in in the card.  While looking for it on the internet, I ran across this little saying.  It says it all!!  Just decided to use a little humor instead of a real poet.  The striped paper is from the Signature Christmas stack from My Minds Eye.  And the rustic red paper is from the DCWV Amber Autumn stack.  The card base is an olive green from Recollections.  The ribbon and rhinestones are from Michael's.  And I added Stickles to the martini glasses.  

Challenges
Flaunt It Fridays  From My Kitchen Martini

6 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! i love it! I will take floor...I mean FOUR ha ha! Thanks for flaunting it at FIF!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card:)

    I have a cricut cart giveaway going right now. Feel Free to check my blog for details:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love how you added the humor to it...so much fun! Thank you for playing along with us at FIF!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooooo funny! Love it! I wonder what occasion the card might be used for lol

    http://misspinkcricut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha so cute! i love that poem :)

    Thanks for joining us at FIF!

    ReplyDelete